TAPS No-Kill Animal Shelter in Pekin, IL seeks kennel attendants to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, punctual, hardworking, and values their role in caring for the many homeless dogs and cats finding safety here.
- We are searching for both full-time candidates seeking benefit packages as well as part-time candidates interested in anywhere from 10-30 hours per week.
- The main responsibility is in providing care in the form of cleaning up after and feeding our dogs and cats. Our shelter is their temporary home and anyone experienced with animals knows they can be messy. Our daily work consists of cleaning & sanitizing their living quarters, picking up any feces or urine, and reporting any concerns to our medical team or management. Kennel attendants are the front line of care for our animals and get to know our animals the best! Additionally, the dogs are given the opportunity multiple times per day for outside activities, and kennel attendants facilitate those.
- This is a physical job, spending most of the day on your feet cleaning kennels or walking dogs. It is conducted in all weather conditions, including rain, snow, heat, and cold. It is a very productive and rewarding job but can be very difficult for a candidate with little animal experience. Our shelter takes animals with a variety of conditions, many of whom need medical care or behavioral work, before being ready for adoption. It is our responsibility as staff to work with these animals, regardless of their state, to care for them medically, physically, and mentally.
- As the animals live here and need care 365, candidates must be available to work at least 1 day per weekend. There should also be flexibility to work holidays.
- Our shifts are typically scheduled throughout the day 7a-12p, 7a-4p, 9a-6p, and 10a-6p so candidates should be available to work at least one of those shifts.
- Employees should be able to speak to an inconsistent work history if applicable.
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jennifer Filley, Administration and Facilities Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.